Amanda85

Amanda's Blog

Duncan (Vampires in America, #5)
D.B. Reynolds
Opal - Jennifer L. Armentrout 5 "I need a Daemon" stars

This 3rd book is the best so far in the series. In Obsidian and Onyx, there are times when I hoping for something to happen fast before I got bored with day to day of Katy's normal activities and her back and forth feelings. In Opal, not only is Daemon and Katy finally together in the entire book, there is so much going on until I had no time to take a deep breath.

I can't believe Opal had finally sealed my love for the teenage Daemon. If last week someone told me that I will be head over heels in love with him, I would have been skeptical. I'm a very age sensitive person. Daemon Black started from being a douchebag extraordinaire in Obsidian, to swoony in Onyx and downright lust-worthy in Opal. Not only he kickass, his love and selflessness for his siblings, Dawson and Dee and now Katy is downright admirable. I love the little things he did for Katy like bringing her out on a normal date to give a little norm to their lives.

description

"This isn't a paranormal fantasy or whatever the hell it is you read. There is no set plot or clear idea of where any of this is going. The enemies aren't obvious. There are no guaranteed happy endings and you are not a superhero."

We knew that Dawson, Daemon's twin is back into the picture. Initially I brace myself for ensuing awkwardness, but there isn't any. I'm warming up to Dawson after awhile and so wanted him to have his HEA with Beth. Most of Opal was dealing with the reappearance of Dawson and helping him to get the love of his life back.

Of course, Blake just need to show up again. Can someone please kill Blake already? He's such a McCreeper. I'm sure he can be BFF with Edward Cullen. Daemon so need to kick his ass to Mars in the next book. I myself wanted more than do him bodily harm and wish him an agonizing death.

Have I already mentioned that the romance in this book is so steamy that I'm practically panting over some scenes between Daemon and Katy. There's one occasion whereby I wanted to hurl a sharp object at Andrew. I'm beyond frustrated and been pulling my hair out, until they finally getting it on. Hot damn! Can someone just recommend any other YA that is as hot as this?

I'm so over the moon right then, but then I'm treated to a brutal cliffhanger. I mean gut my stomach, pierce my heart type of brutal. I have been bracing myself for this, but it still hard to stomach.

"It sucked - sucked worse than people who pirated books, sucked more than waiting a year for the next book in a beloved series, and sucked more than a brutal cliffhanger ending."

No shit.