Amanda85

Amanda's Blog

Duncan (Vampires in America, #5)
D.B. Reynolds
Easy - Tammara Webber I finally gave in to the peer pressure and decided to venture into this New Adult book. I don't usually want to read about college romance because for my age, I find they are overly dramatic, petty and full of angst. But oh my, I'm wrong to be so judgmental before giving this a chance, at least for Easy by Tammara Webber. I still think new adult is overly dramatic.

Recently dumped by her college hotshot of a boyfriend, Jacqueline, a music education major, regret signing up for the economics class and overall choosing to come to this college instead of auditioning for Julliard or other art school. I can imagine how awkward is the situation where she start skipping econ classes and then try to dodge him in the class by changing seats.

I usually have a high standard for liking a heroine and in some of the adult book I read, some heroine just pissed me off. But I really like Jacqueline, despite her age. She admits her lack of judgement when it comes her to ex-boyfriend, Kennedy. After he dumped her, she finally see the light and I like the fact that despite Kennedy interest in reconcile with her later, she never once give in. I admire her for this.

The first time she met Lucas was during a night after a frat party when Buck, her ex's friend tried to rape her at the parking lot. Lucas came to her rescue and from then on she started to notice that Lucas was everywhere at the campus, which include being the same econ class as she does.

Lucas is such a mysterious guy that seems aloof and distance, but once you get to know him, you can't help but fall for him. Can I just say I love him even though he is so much younger than I do. Saying much more about Lucas will be too spoilery and part of the charm of this book is finding out about him. For those of us who loves reading smutty scene, there is enough to satisfy us adult romance reader, but is not overly explicit.

I just have to give a shout out to Erin, Jacqueline's bff, who is bitchy, but ever the supportive best friend that everyone needs to have. Sometimes you might roll your eyes from the advise she gave out to Jacqueline, but you can't help but adore her for being so gung ho. Just be careful of your nutsack when you pissed her off.

Do you still remember the time in school where we read books that is full of morale values and knowledge, but over time we deviated from it. Don't get me wrong, this book is not all preachy, but it does touch of some sensitive issues in college, ie. rapes. Don't worry, is not dark or gloomy either, it just makes you thoughtful. Although at first glance, this is just a college romance, but is actually far from it. I highly recommend this book to all girls getting in college.

P/S: this is a standalone with a satisfying HEA.