Amanda85

Amanda's Blog

Duncan (Vampires in America, #5)
D.B. Reynolds

Collide (Collide, #1)

Collide (Collide, #1) - Gail McHugh 4 heart wrenching, train-wrecked stars

Initially, I thought this book is an erotic read about cheating. But is something far from that. There are a lot of depths in the characters and the plot makes my heart pounding, aching and feeling devastated. Is a story about Emily who is consume by guilt by having feelings for another man, while she's committed to another and she reluctance to trust her heart.

Emily had been dating with Dillon for about a year now. He had helped her so much when she is struggling to cope with her mother's illness and subsequent death. She loves him and believe she own it to him to make him happy. Then one day she met Gavin Blake and everything changed. He is constantly in her mind, triggering emotions that she doesn't want to admit.

Gavin Blake is thrill to finally meet the woman of his life. Although it is a love at first sight, he know she is the one. But the dream came crashing down when he found out Emily is his friend's Dillon's girlfriend. I never like to read about love at first sight, I find it unbelievable in the least. But due the the circumstances that Gavin find himself in, I'm drawn into the drama that I can foresee happening and is so addictive.

The sexual tension is at its highest level, one of the heart wrenching, soul consuming that I had ever read. The way Emily and Gavin are aware of each other, the stare, the emotion, all going through between them while they are in the company of Dillon, is all kind of crazy. Initially, Gavin resort to face the reality that Emily is the forbidden fruit, but after they became friends and spending more time with her, he can no longer deny the attraction that is present between them. To hell with Dillon, he is going to pursue what is his.

There is no doubt in my mind that by 10%, I am rooting for Gavin and to throw Dillon half way through the universe and never see him again. At times, I wanted to curse at Dillon being such a scumbag, but most of all I'm mad at Emily for not seeing what is truth in front of her. I wanted to slap her senseless. My understanding and sympathy for her runs out half way through the book.

Gavin is fantastic, he is definitely not the manwhore that the book excerpt depicted him to be. He used to have a long term relationship until his fiancee broke up with him. After that he simply haven't found the right woman. I love reading and knowing more about this man. His love for Yankees, collecting bottle caps and his dreams of having bucketloads of babies and a green minivan.

The last quarter of the book is like watching a train wreck that is going to happen and there is nothing we can do. The way Emily treats him make me want to cry for him. Although it ended up with a cliffhanger of what will happen to Emily after her decision, I'm sure things will work out for them. I hope Emily redeem herself in the next book. She really did get on my nerves. She desperately in need to do some groveling because seriously Gavin had done enough.