Amanda85

Amanda's Blog

Duncan (Vampires in America, #5)
D.B. Reynolds

The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)

The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) - Samantha Towle I thought I avoided reading Thoughtless, but The Mighty Storm had so much similarity with it. A heroine got herself tangled between her current boyfriend and her childhood best friend, who now happened to be a famous rock star. There was issue of infidelity, but the angst I was feeling was pretty mild. I don't really like Tru, but at least I didn't want to strangle her.

Tru, a music journalist got a new assignment to interview Jake Wethers, the famous rock star who happened to be her childhood best friend that she had lost contact for 12 years. During their first meeting, I see the instant reconnection and sparks flew around them. After overcoming the initially awkwardness of seeing her long time friend, they both start to reminiscence on old times.

Jake Wethers can't believe that he finally reunited with Tru after all this time. She is the girl of her dreams and although she had a boyfriend currently, that didn't stop him from trying to get close to her. So he offered her to write his biography in order to get her to join his tour. I did't care his professional reason, I still think he just wanted her.

This guy is absolutely amazing and full of hotness overloaded, if not for him I don't think I will finish reading this book. The things he did to Tru, Wow! Swoon big time. I guess there was certain advantage for being rich and famous. But sometimes he lacks maturity in handling certain situation.

Tru followed Jake on his tour around Europe and she was having the time of her life. The touchy feeling and flirty banter between them seems harmless to her, but who is she kidding. When Jake finally admit what he wanted, Tru didn't even fight it off. I'm very sure the issue of her infidelity is gonna blow up in her face.

I don't think I ever like reading about cheating, but this is more bearable as in Tru didn't sleep with two guys at a time. But that was purely due to geographic reason. Although I dislike Tru for her indecisiveness, lying through her teeth and her way of handling Will, I guess it takes two to tango. Jake should be bearing some responsibilities too. I just felt that the author was putting the blame on the heroine and ultimately Tru was the one who need to handle the mess. Double standard much?

Half way through the book, the Will issue was finally settled (poor guy) and it felt so much like an early HEA when Tru and Jake were finally together officially. But more drama ensues. It seems like the life of rock star was never easy and this couple had so much shit to deal with.

Despite me not loving the book, mainly due to the plot and the heroine, this is a very well written book. We have a very hot and swoony hero, Jake Wethers, a chance to engross into the lifestyle of a rock star, high drama, love triangle, some angst and that complete the recipe for a pretty engaging read.