Amanda85

Amanda's Blog

Duncan (Vampires in America, #5)
D.B. Reynolds

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) - C.J. Roberts The sequel for The Dark Duet can be describe as total mind blowing, darkly disturbing, highly erotic, but not for the faint of heart. Everything that we felt in Captive in the Dark was kicked up a few notch in Seduced in the Dark. If you think you hate Caleb in Book 1, things were getting worse in Book 2. But I guess, for those who continue with the series, we have a soft spot for that damaged man. Things were blowing out of proportion and shits were hitting the fans so to speak. All the questions lingering in our thoughts have been answered and the grand scheme of things that happening was coming out of light. Will Olivia and Caleb survive this or will they need to make the ultimate sacrifice?

The way the story been told was brilliantly crafted. There were three POVs from Olivia, Caleb and the newly introduced Agent Reed, along with three different timelines, Caleb's past with Rafiq, Olivia times with Caleb at Mexico and Olivia at States with Agent Reed. All the jumping and switching timeline aimed to throw us off guard and thirsting for answers. CJ Roberts threw us on a wild and crazy ride that makes you feeling puzzled and question your sanity. The fact that this book is over 500 pages didn't even cross my mind because I'm ruthless devouring everything in one day.

description

As opposed to Book 1 where there wasn't much plot development, Book 2 was full of surprises as every turn. We were brought to experience first hand on the dark side of the sex trade, what the great and powerful men were capable of doing to satisfy their sickly sexual thirst. Those scenes make me cringe and cried injustice to humanity and at the same time it boggled my mind. Caleb himself was also showing us his darker side and the things that he was capable of doing. He was torn between remaining loyal to Rafiq and wanting the forbidden fruit, Olivia. Theoretically, hating the man should be the righteous thing to do, but I don't. I can't express it in words of why I had such a soft spot for Caleb. All I ever wanted was for him to be alright and be free of his current predicament.

description

Olivia had gone through so much, yet she had never stop surviving. She manage to seek for the light amidst the darkness that surrounds her. She look for the man in Caleb behind the monster that he often wanted to be. She was the anchor that often stay true and shown him the light. She was struggling with her conscience for falling for her own captor. But ultimately all she want was for them to leave together, but will he able to forgo his loyalty and revenge?

The whole book was an extremely dark and disturbing read, but once in awhile I was surprise they can find humor within their doomed situation.

"Breakfast on the balcony?" I asked with more enthusiasm than necessary.
He smiled "What do you think this is, a vacation?"

The last quarter of the book when all the pieces of puzzle finally fall into place, I practically can't tear my eyes off. The epic smack down was incredible, I cried a like a mess and the epilogue was beautiful. It was a brilliant conclusion for Caleb and Olivia, yet we can see that there was more to go for Agent Reed. Thanks to CJ Roberts for giving us this unconventional love story that might not conform to the norm, but it was achingly beautiful and it is a story I won't be forgetting in a long time. I don't see the need for a Book 3 because everything had been tied up nicely, but I'm sure gonna enjoy more of Caleb and Olivia.

"Live for me, Kitten. Be all those things you'd never be with me. Go to school. Meet a normal boy and fall in love. Forget me. It's time for you to go, Kitten. Time for us both, to go."